photo me_zps45017343.jpg

 

picassoDLCF - RENEGADE Photography

Friday, April 22, 2005

                      

  ATTACK ON SECURITY...

i remember those days of going to the bank.. bored out of my mind, i soon discover the joys of annoying bank security... you know... i wud stare at the CCTV cameras and stare still until my tears r about to fall.... and deliberately walk around as if im plotting something illegal....soon enaf security keeping a wary eye at me... hmmmm.. dis is fun...
this days banks hav more than just obnoxious kids to worry abt...case in point.. ordinace which effectively bans the use of cellular phones... and wid oder similar communication devices...within the premises of the bank.. apparently, lawless individuals cud use dis devices to coordinate their evil schemes...fine, but ders d similar problem just what exactly is a similar communication device?..
one day i decided to test dis technology to a bank pursuing dis ordinance... RCBC in diliman q.c. i carelessly pulled out my cell pone .. and almost immediately, the bank security guard tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to a large sign dat announced d bank ordinance ... ah! ok... i say.... my acting have finally paid off.
then i sit down and pull my palm m530.. (old model.. but definitely hi-tech p din) hmmm.. will d guard aproach me agen? even as i play my favorite game of bejeweled or text twist...(adik ako sa game n2)
den i waited..... cel pones no.... pda's yes... but pda has bluetooth and infrared, i can use it 2 communicate to my cel pone, sending text messages for instance, and nobody would be the wiser.... i can be sending data furiously widin the bank premises just a click away and thumb my nose to the orinace...
besides, wid the advent of convergence, wudn't dis law constitute an unfair bias against dose hu use integrated devices? obviously, d line end up being drawn at devices that look too much like cellphone... look at my sonyericsson s700i its a camera masquerading as a pone and a pone masquerading as a cemera...
my point is our increasingly ingenious gadgets maybe our own worst security nightmare...but, at d same time, dey have also manage to ingrain themselves far too much into our everyday lives...
of course, dey will still have to contend with me staring into cctv cameras, walking around and staring around as if i was plotting somting illegal... ahihihihi :)

         Image hosting by Photobucket